Our Commitment to Accessibility
City First Bank is committed to making our website's content accessible and user friendly to everyone. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on this website, or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please call our Customer Service team at 202-273-7100 or email our team at email@example.com with “Disabled Access” in the subject line and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement.
We take your feedback seriously and will consider it as we evaluate ways to accommodate all of our customers and our overall accessibility policies. Additionally, while we do not control such vendors, we strongly encourage vendors of third-party digital content to provide content that is accessible and user friendly.
Security & Privacy
With CityFirst your accounts are secure. Learn more about how we protect your identity and what you can do to help.
Deter, Detect, Defend
Watch this 10-minute educational video.
Avoid Phishing Attacks and ID Theft
Criminals are using many ways to commit identity theft or Internet fraud. The methods used can vary from a simple email sent to thousands or millions of email addresses requesting personal information, to sophisticated software (malware) loaded onto your PC without your knowledge through email attachments/links, or by clicking on a link from an infected website you visit.
Scam links may also be sent to you via social networking sites like, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You can help protect your accounts by following these steps:
- Regularly scan your PC with current and well known antivirus software programs. Keep those programs with the latest versions as new viruses are created daily.
- Ensure that any website you visit is legitimate and trusted before clicking on any links.
- Do not trust any email that urgently requests personal information of any kind. City First Bank and other reputable financial institutions/businesses/organizations do not send these types of email.
- Never click on links in emails claiming to be from City First Bank or a legitimate business or organization, until you have confirmed the email is authentic. Many phishing attacks download Trojan horse viruses and other malware onto your computer when a link in the email is clicked on.
- Never enter your username and password until you are sure you are at a legitimate website. City First Bank or legitimate businesses will never ask you to verify a username, password, debit/ATM card number or PIN via email.
- Do not call any number or use any link in a suspect email. Always verify the phone number through a reputable source before calling. All valid City First Bank contact numbers can be found on our website.
- Suspect every impersonal email or those containing spelling or grammatical errors.
- Phishing attacks often ask for personal financial information. Never fill out personal information of any kind through a form on the Internet that you have accessed via an email link. A request of this kind should be a big warning. City First Bank will never ask for this information via email.
- Do not open email attachments unless you are expecting to receive one. Even if the sender is known to you, be careful of attachments that are forwarded to you with a generic or impersonal message. In particular, email attachments with ".exe" file extensions are potentially malicious.
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and/or credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about User’s means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
City First Bank, N.A. may collect and use User’s personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or the User may contact us via our Site.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
City First Bank, N.A.
1432 U Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20009-3916
This document was last updated September 2022.